I thought I'd share the list that emerged after thinking over the past 30 years in business:
1. You can be in charge, but you're never in control.
4. You can't be good at who you are until you stop trying to be all the things you are not.
5. Charge what you are worth. If you don't, you'll begin to resent your employer or client, even though you decided to take the assignment.
6. You can't control circumstances. You can control your response to them. Those who learn to respond thoughtfully and peacefully are the ones who are accorded trust and power.
7. Overt displays of position power show weakness. Genuine humility shows power.
10. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is knowledge applied with discernment.